The Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute) is the largest research institute in the world specializing in general relativity and beyond. The institute is located in Potsdam and in Hannover.
Our Precision Interferometry and Fundamental Interactions department is involved in the development of the Laser Interferometer Space Antenna (LISA), an ESA L-Class mission for measuring low-frequency gravitational waves, and in several geodesy missions (GRACE-C, NGGM) for measuring changes in the Earth's gravitational field due to antropogenic effects. Our department is in particular responsible for LISA’s Interferometer Detection System (IDS) which consists of sub-systems and components provided by our European Partners in the Netherlands, Belgium, the Czech Republic, the UK and potentially other ESA memberstates as well as our own subsystems.
For our location in Hannover, we are looking for a temporary full-time position for a
Project Manager (m/f/d) for the Interferometric Detection System (IDS) of LISA
Your tasks include:
- Project management for the development of the IDS in cooperation with our European partners in industry and research
- Coordination of the project with the LISA Project Office at ESA and the DLR
- Leading and developing an interdisciplinary and international project team
- Participate in the award of contracts and management of industrial projects
- Interface function in the coordination with international external and internal partners
- Study of a technical or scientific subject, e.g. industrial engineering, physics, engineering sciences, aerospace technology
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of project management (IPMA, PMBOK, Space Project Management, SCRUM or equivalent).
- Very good German and English language skills, both written and spoken
- High technical affinity
- Good communication skills
- Strong service orientation
We offer you a versatile activity in an international working environment, extensive opportunities for further education and training as well as an excellent working atmosphere in a friendly, committed team. Flexible working hours and the compatibility of career and family are a matter of course for us. Remuneration and social benefits are based on qualifications in accordance with the collective wage agreement for the public sector (TVöD).
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications – regardless of gender, nationality, skin color, origin, religion and ideology, age, sexual orientation and identity. The AEI and the Max Planck Society welcome persons with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity.
For more information about our institute, please visit https://www.aei.mpg.de. If you have any questions, please contact Carmen Fernández León: carmen.fernandezleon(at)aei.mpg.de
We have aroused your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your complete application (cover letter, curriculum vitae, letters of reference, certificates and other supporting documents) without a photograph, which you should submit as a single PDF document exclusively via our online application portal:
Please find here full details.