Dec 20, 2022
The gravitational waves group at Rochester Institute of Technology's Center for Computational Relativity and Gravitation is seeking applicants for a postdoctoral research position to begin in Fall 2023, for one year plus a possible extension contingent on funding.
Job responsibilities include:
- Carry out research related to the search for continuous gravitational waves, specifically from the low-mass X-ray binary Scorpius X-1, in support of the project “WoU-MMA: New Frontiers in the Search for Continuous Gravitational Waves from the Low-Mass X-Ray Binary Scorpius X-1”
- Prepare and conduct or direct analysis of LIGO O4 data.
- Conduct research and publish papers related to continuous wave searches
- Participate in the activities of the LIGO Scientific Collaboration
- Represent RIT’s continuous waves group in the scientific community
Please find here full detailsand how to apply: