The International Conference "Dark Matter and Stars: Multi-Messenger Probes of Dark Matter and Modified Gravity" aims to bring together scientists working across the different research fields of astrophysics, cosmology, and modified gravity. We want to look at the dark matter problem from different perspectives, considering it to be of particle nature, as well as modification of gravity. This meeting aims to initiate cross-field discussions of dark matter searches, their current status, and future prospects.
- Dark matter in compact stars (neutron stars, white dwarfs, exotic stars)
- Multi-messenger and gravitational wave probes of dark matter
- Models of dark matter
- Modified gravity
We seek to encourage dialogue between different research groups to enhance collaboration and help to improve our understanding of dark matter. The conference is also planned to introduce the dark matter research field to encourage attendance by young scientists including Ph.D. students.
The meeting will be held at the Centro de Congressos, Center for Astrophysics and Gravitation, Instituto Superior Técnico, University of Lisbon, Portugal.
Registration for the conference is free of charge. The number of participants is limited to 120 people to ensure comfortable usage of facilities and create good opportunities for the participants to interact. The selection of the final participant list is the responsibility of the organizing committee. The criteria for choosing the participants are based on availability and conference goals, as described above.
- Katy Clough (Queen Mary University of London)
- Eleonora Di Valentino (Sheffield University)
- Tim Dietrich (University of Potsdam/Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute))
- Lavinia Heisenberg (ETH Zürich/Heidelberg University)
- Chris Kouvaris (National Technical University of Athens)
- Andrea Maselli (Gran Sasso Institute)
- Sanjay Reddy (University of Washington)
- Ilídio Lopes (Co-chair, IST, University of Lisbon)
- Violetta Sagun (Co-chair, University of Coimbra)
- Laura Sagunski (Co-chair, Goethe University Frankfurt)
- Ana Brito (IST, University of Lisbon/Instituto Superior de Gestão)
- Marco Calzà (University of Coimbra)
- Edoardo Giangrandi (University of Coimbra)
- José Sande Lemos (IST, University of Lisbon)
- Grigorios Panotopoulos (Frontera University)
- Joseph Silk (Johns Hopkins University/Oxford University/Paris, Institute of Astrophysics)
Begin 03.05.2023, 09:00
End 05.05.2023, 18:00
Center for Astrophysics and Gravitation, Instituto Superior Técnico, University of Lisbon
Centro de Congressos
Av. Rovisco Pais 1 1049-001 Lisboa, PORTUGAL