The ISAPP European network organises every year schools in astroparticle physics, targeted at experimentalists, observers and theorists.
The present school will take place on the Dutch island Texel, 11 - 17 Sep 2023, and is dedicated to a range of topics that are focused on high-energy astrophysics, cosmology/dark matter and compact objects. The topics include cosmic-ray theory and detection, gamma-rays and neutrinos, lab searches for dark matter and cosmological small/large scale structure probes, gravitational waves and multi-messenger astrophysics, compact objects and MHD simulations, and machine learning.
The school is open to PhD students and young post-docs working in high energy astrophysics, cosmology, gravitational waves and particle physics.
- Charged cosmic-rays, theory and detection
- Gamma-rays and neutrinos, astrophysics, indirect searches for dark matter
Cosmology & dark matter
- Cosmology, small and large scale probes of dark matter
- Lab searches for dark matter, dark matter theory
- Gravitational waves & multi messenger astrophysics
- Simulations (MHD) & new physics searches
- Astrostatistics/machine learning, interactive
- Q&A sessions
- Poster session
- Hands-on sessions
- BBQ, dinner, holiday park amenities